The best thing a parent can do to develop a love of reading during preschool years is to read together every day. This builds vocabulary, comprehension, and early critical thinking skills.
- Find a place where each person is comfortable and make that your special reading spot.
- Pick books that are of interest to your little one so that reading is exciting, interesting, and relevant.
- Make reading fun by using various voices and expressions to make characters come alive!
- It’s okay to read the same book 50 times. It’s all about the imagination, the creativity, and the journey, you and your little one take while reading… not the number of books you have read to them.
- The more engaged they are the more likely they are to be interactive and discuss what is happening in the book.