Teaching children to do things on their own gives them confidence and teaching responsibility. Imagine being able to relax at home after while your children take up chores, make their own bed, and eventually take jobs that will allow them to support their self through college. These are the benefits of self-sufficiency. It not only benefits you but also your child in the long run. Here are five ways you can teach your child to self-sufficient:
- Let them make their own lunch.
- Letting them take care of the family pet
(i.e. Changing the fishbowl).
- Let them do their own laundry
- Have them make their own bed.
- Have them clean their own dishes.